This page contains the information gathering and use policies adopted by Meston Reid & Co in connection with this website (the "Site"). This privacy statement ("Privacy Statement") explains how we use any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our policies regarding your personal information. By visiting the Site, you confirm that you accept and consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, without limitation or qualification. If you do not accept this Privacy Statement, you are not entitled to access or use the Site. These policies are subject to periodic review and any changes will be included within this section of the site.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (the "Data Protection Act") the data controller is Michael JM Reid who can be contacted at Meston Reid & Co, 12 Carden Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1UR.
Unless you instruct us otherwise, information (which includes any personal information) you provide to us will be used by Meston Reid & Co.
Information That We Collect
Personal information (which includes 'personal data' as defined in the Data Protection Act) is generally collected so we can deliver requested materials or information.
We collect the following personal data through this website:
· Personal Email
· Business Email
· Mobile or Telephone Number
· Your Company Name
The details entered in our contact form are stored securely and may be used to contact you in future to provide financial advice or promote services provided by Meston Reid & Co.
We also gather information through analytics:
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this)
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- The website address from which you accessed our website
When you register with us to receive a newsletter (or for marketing information), make an enquiry (either by submitting an online enquiry or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise), and/or if you apply to work for Meston Reid & Co you may be asked to provide some personal information such as your name and contact details (including telephone number, home address, date of birth and email address). Please note that if you send us your CV, you may be asked to provide us with certain additional special category data.
Your personal information is necessary to enable Meston Reid & Co to deal with your enquiry. If any additional information is requested, it is highlighted and its provision is voluntary.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Meston Reid & Co takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this statement. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
· We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
· We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
You have the right to access any personal information that Meston Reid & Co processes about you and to request information about: -
· What personal data we hold about you
· The purposes of the processing
· The categories of personal data concerned
· The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
· How long we intend to store your personal data for
· If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal or regulatory requirement.
Meston Reid & Co does not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Meston Reid & Co takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
- SSL security
- Firewall protection
- Anti-virus/malware protection
- Email and internet filter software
- Email encryption
- Hardware and software encryption
- Password-secured access
- Restricted access to sensitive software applications.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Criminals have and are using techniques aimed to defraud and exploit website users.
Typical types of criminal activities include:
- Email and website scams (including fraudulent emails and phishing);
- Website spoofing (i.e. where a criminal will steal a website's code and create a fake website. This website will appear to be legitimate, but may in fact be a spoof);
- Letter scams.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
How you can protect yourself:
- Passwords: make sure that you choose a password which can be easily remembered but cannot be guessed. Also remember to change your password regularly and never share your password with another person. Passwords should not be written down or stored on your computer.
- Security questions: always choose a mix of questions that you think will be difficult for another person to guess the answers to.
- Logging out: once you have finished a session, always remember to log out of any accounts which you have signed in for and ensure that any computer is not left unattended at any time.
- Stay vigilant: check that your anti-virus software and firewall settings are kept up to date. We will never ask you for your password or send you emails asking you for this type of information.
How long we keep your data
Meston Reid & Co only ever retains personal information in accordance with legal, regulatory, financial and best-practice business requirements. Once we have fulfilled your request our or contract with you ends, we will securely delete/destroy your data in line with our data retention policies.
We will only retain personal information for as long as is necessary to deal with your job application.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing by us, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special category data
When you apply for one of our jobs and submit an application, the GDPR gives more protection to special categories of personal data. Special category data can include data about your race or ethnic origin; politics; religion; trade union membership; genetics, biometrics (where used for ID purposes), physical or mental health; sexual life or sexual orientation. You should only provide this information if you are content for us to process this information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement. Where you do provide special category data this will be accepted as explicit consent to Meston Reid & Co to use that information in connection with the purpose for which it has been provided.
Changes to privacy statement
This privacy notice was last updated in May 2018.
Instant answers to everyday questions
A wealth of resources to help you understand financial management issues and make the numbers add up. Search here for tips, news and tools.Visit Knowledge Centre...